Friday, September 4, 2009

Motherf***er

What makes a person unforgettable? Is it their looks? Their personality? The combination of the two? Perhaps it may not be them at all. Rather, it might be the person that can't forget them. Looks fade. Personalities change. The combination of the two can have a seemingly endless list of possible results, but there are only so many of those. It must be the other person then. Something inside the other person won't let them forget about the other person. Either way, it doesn't matter for me. I am apparently a pretty forgettable person. I mean, people remember me, but what I may have meant to them is pretty forgettable, even if it may seem like at the time that I was the most important person in the world to them. I lose my shine and they move on to bigger and better things. And I am left like an old toy plane; discarded and forgotten. It's tough to be the flavor of the week, but one day I know that someone will find me, pick me up, dust me off, fix my broken wing, and truly appreciate me for the rare item that I am. Until then, I'll wait here in the dark, dusty attic, just keeping on like I always do. Coping and managing. Hoping to catch the discerning eye of someone new.

No comments: